We’re on the hunt for a passionate sports fan to join our team as an Account Executive. Your focus will be growing our network of pub customers by managing existing relationships and winning new customers. You’re an assist machine who also contributes goals – much like Kevin de Bruyne.
So, what is MatchPint?
MatchPint is a platform that connects Sports Fans, Pubs and Brands. We’ve been building websites and apps since 2011, all with a view to watching sport in pubs with mates just that little bit better.
What do we believe?
- Sport is the ultimate form of theatre - Shakespeare himself couldn't have conjured up Zidane nutting Materazzi into next week if he'd tried.
- Sporting drama is amplified when viewed socially - nothing causes people to spontaneously hug tubby, balding strangers quite like a 93rd-minute winner.
- Pubs are the cornerstone of British life - Watching the Champions League final at the gym? Not on.
We are for the fans. We bring people together to watch sport and create unforgettable moments.
Who do we work with and what do we do?
- Fans use MatchPint to find out which pubs are showing which sports events. It's great. 1.2M unique people used MatchPint to find a pub in 2016.
- Pubs use MatchPint's sports content management system to organise, market, and measure the success of their sports offering. Almost 2,500 pubs are using MatchPint to drive their business forward. Customers include Stonegate, Greene King, Fullers, Walkabout, Enterprise, and Punch Taverns.
- Brands use MatchPint to leverage this relationship between Fans and Pubs. Brands such as Guinness, Budweiser, Heineken, and Carlsberg use MatchPint to access highly targeted and engaged sports fans via branded content, in-pub promotions, and localised push notifications.
And what’s this role?
Your primary focus is growing MatchPint’s network of leased, tenanted, and independent pubs. There are two sides to this. First, you’ll be converting leads (pubs interested in MatchPint) into paying customers. Then you’ll be supporting existing customers to ensure they make the most of MatchPint and deliver an awesome experience to fans in their pub. Like a middle-order batsman, your role matches the situation – sometimes it’s digging in to consolidate a team position, while other times it’s accelerating the scoring with some flash shots to the boundary.
You’ll report into the Head of Leased, Tenanted, and IFT and work alongside 5 others in the pub team and split your time between our London office (c.70%) and meeting potential customers face to face (c.30%).
What will you be doing?
- Converting warm leads into paying customers, using face to face meetings, phone conversations, and written comms
- Training new customers on how to make the most of MatchPint
- Assisting the Head of Leased, Tenanted, and IFT with sales opportunities and account management
- Liaising with third parties (including area managers and drinks brand reps) to generate a strong lead pipeline
- Promoting MatchPint to potential customers at industry roadshows and events
- Managing resubscription conversations with existing customers (they are on annual subscriptions)
- Attending head office meetings with major national pub companies
Why should I be excited?
- Be part of a great team - join our talented and ambitious team, who all share a passion for sport and pubs
- Help build something new and disruptive - we're already making good progress here, having won a host of awards including Marketing Week's Top 100 Disruptive Brands
- Engage pubs with a product they already love – look at some of their testimonials
What are we looking for?
You’re the ideal candidate if you…
- Love sport and love pubs
- Build instant rapport with anyone you meet
- Have high levels of drive and energy
- Communicate candidly
- Care about people around you
- Have a positive attitude
- Want to get stuck in
- Enjoy taking responsibility for your results
- Available to work in London
Sound like your bag? Get in touch. To find out more, please send a CV and (brief) cover letter to Richard Remington – firstname.lastname@example.org