Did you know you can take booking requests on MatchPint?
We’ve got a handy little feature on MatchPint that allows you to take bookings straight from the website. All you need to do is add your booking email to your profile.
Why you should take bookings for sports events
Bookings are a brilliant way to fill-up the pub before the big day has even arrived. The key to taking bookings is to be super speedy to respond to any requests, and make sure you keep an organised list of who has booked for what game and their contact details. DesignMyNight's research shows that sports booking enquiries have increased by 31% since 2015!
For one-off events like this year's Lions Tour or the World Cup in 2018, bookings can help you manage a whole load of things, such as your staff rota, organisation of the pub and food supply.
Our top tips to make the most of them
1. Put together a pre-booking package available to customers. You could include drinks, snacks or maybe a discount on their bill.
2. Have a dedicated area of the pub for tables that have been booked. Ensure that they have a great view of the screen - no one wants a pillar blocking their view of the game.
3. Respond to enquiries as quickly as possible. Even if someone tries to book but the pub is full, it’s worth suggesting another game they could watch another time.
How it works
To add your booking email, login to your profile and go to “Venue Information” in the drop-down menu in the top left. Click to edit your profile and you’ll see a space to write your booking email.
When someone books:
- An email will come into your inbox
- Respond swiftly to the user email, rather than MatchPint
- Log the booking in your own records
Want to go really big on bookings?
We've got a couple of partners that we'd recommend using.
- Check out Collins - their research shows that they've had a 21% increase in enquiries from MatchPint and a 25% increased conversion rate for enquiries of 8 people or more.
- If you're a pub with more of a food-focus, we'd recommend OpenTable.
If you have your own booking solution that you would prefer to use, drop us a line and we'll see what we can do.