Here at MatchPint we want you to make the most of some amazing sport coming up in March. Cast your eyes over 6 of the biggest fixtures to advertise this month.
1. Liverpool vs Arsenal – Premier League, 17.30 Saturday 4th, BT Sport 2
According to Premier League statistics, these are the two most popular clubs in the UK. Given they’re both fighting for top 4 places, fans will be clamoring to watch this.
If their last meeting is anything to go by, we're in for a treat…
Top tip: Man United kick off the televised football at 12.30 against Bournemouth on the 4th, so there’s a great opportunity to get punters through the door early, and keep them there right through until the evening.
2. David Haye vs Tony Bellew – Heavyweight boxing, 22.30 Saturday 4th, Sky Box office
This is the first of several great heavyweight clashes to come this year and features two lads that absolutely hate each other. The 15,000 tickets to watch it live at the O2 arena, sold out in just 55 minutes.
Boxing is getting more and more popular in pubs. On average, pay-per-view fights generate 60,000 searches on MatchPint. That’s 4x more than an average Premier League game.
Top tip: Make sure you have a clear zone set out for the fight. Give your locals their usual spot at the bar, whilst creating the perfect atmosphere for the boxing fans.
3. England vs Scotland – 6 Nations, 16.00 Saturday 11th, BBC ONE
We’re getting into the meat of the 6 Nations now. This fixture could prove to be a huge game given Scotland’s shock victory over Ireland on the opening day.
With a place in the history books of the oldest rugby rivalry in the world and the Calcutta cup up for grabs, this looks to be a scorcher.
Top tip: Get the place booked out early. Make sure that every table in the house has a great view of the action. No one likes a pillar blocking their view of a crunching last ditch tackle.
4. Celtic vs Rangers – Scottish Premier League 12.00 Sunday 12th, Sky Sports 2
Notoriously the feistiest derby in football. These games have some of the most impassioned support you’re likely to see and a great contest for the neutral.
Top tip: Why not run a pre-game competition? Up the ante by offering a free pint for anyone who guesses the minute of the first red card.
To whet your appetite, here’s some of the best goals from over the years
5. Champions League last 16 second legs, BT Sport
Here’s everything you need to know about the English contingent left in the Champions League...
· Man City vs Monaco – 19.45, Wednesday 15th
Still both legs to go, so very much on the cards for Man City, although they are facing a side full of goals and top of Ligue 1
· Leicester vs Seville – 19.45, Wednesday 15th
Could Leicester be the first team to bag a Champions League trophy and get relegated? We don’t think so
· Arsenal vs Bayern Munich – 19.45, Tuesday 7th
Classic Arsenal, tie’s already over… will probably turn up at the Emirates in fine form
Top tip: Brief your staff on what’s happening in upcoming matches. With more than one fixture on in an evening, they might need to be aware of a cheeky channel change.
6. Ireland vs England + final day – 6 Nations, 17.00 Saturday 18th, BBC ONE
All the big guns should still be in contention to win this year’s 6 Nations. England and Ireland were the two favourites going into the tournament, so the game should not disappoint.
We had a huge 55,799 fans looking for somewhere to watch the action last year, so this is a massive opportunity!
Top tip: Make sure the fans don’t miss a second of the action. Offering table service during play is a great way to keep the beer flowing and you never know, it might be enough to get them back for the next game.
Other fixtures to watch out for
· West Indies vs England - ODI Cricket, 13.30 Sunday 5th, Sky Sports 2
Remember the last time these two met in limited overs cricket…
· Cheltenham Gold Cup - 15.30, Friday 17th, Channel 4
· Barcelona vs PSG - Champions League last 16 second leg, 19.45 Wednesday 8th, BT Sport
· Germany v England - International football, 19.45 Wednesday 22nd, ITV
Have a cracking month of sport, drop us a line if you need any help.